Andrew is attacking with an Deadly Recluse and Neil blocks it with a Canyon Minotaur. Even though Deadly Recluse only has one power, which wouldn't normally kill something with three toughness, Deadly Recluse will still kill the Minotaur as it has deathtouch.
- 702.2a. Deathtouch is a static ability.
- 702.2b. Any nonzero amount of combat damage assigned to a creature by a source with deathtouch is considered to be lethal damage, regardless of that creature's toughness.
- 702.2c. A creature with toughness greater than 0 that's been dealt damage by a source with deathtouch since the last time state-based actions were checked is destroyed as a state-based action.
- 702.2d. The deathtouch rules function no matter what zone an object with deathtouch deals damage from.
- 702.2e. If an object changes zones before an effect causes it to deal damage, its last known information is used to determine whether it had deathtouch.
- 702.2f. Multiple instances of deathtouch on the same object are redundant.