Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Dissension is a Magic: The Gathering set and it's the third and final set in the Ravnica block. Dissension was released in May 5, 2006. It's expansion symbol is the broken seal of the Guildpact.
The Dissension set focuses on the last three guilds of the block: the first four guilds were introduced in the Ravnica: City of Guilds set, and the next expansion Guildpact focused on the second three.
- The Azorius Senate (white/blue) are the lawmakers in Ravnica. The guild is founded by Azor, also its guild patron. The Senate desires to control every action on the plane. The current leader Grand Arbiter Augustin IV believes the way to gain this control is to illegalize every action.
- The Simic Combine (blue/green) are master biomancers that provides many of Ravnica´s healt care services. Using their citoplastic mutagenic prostetics the Simic can replicate and even improve maimed or lost limbs. While their original purpose was the study and preservation of life and evolution, their investigative nature lead their guildleader Momir Vig, Simic Visionary into an attempt to create the Experiment Kraj, a perpetually evolving ooze.
- The Cult of Rakdos(red/black) are the chaotic, thrillseekers, murderous and sadistic cultists that controls most of the metallurgic and ore-mining industries of Ravnica. The rakdos (as opposite to the azorious) deligth in pure chaos and suffering and provide most of the darkest pleasures of ravnican underworld. Their ranks are composed of mostly mads and murders who in turn worship the sleeping demon Rakdos the Defiler, Lizolda the Blood Witch acts as both champion and guildleader on absence of the former.
- Forecast is an ability from Azorius that allows the player to reveal the card with the ability from their hand to accomplish a task.
- Graft allows creatures to come into play with a certain number of +1/+1 counters on them. Whenever another creature comes into play the player may remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature with graft and put it on the new creature.
- Hellbent is simply the new way to say "I have no cards in my hand". Rakdos exploits this state of the player and in a fury of not having anything at the player's disposal creatures become powerful and spells become more deadly.