|This article is a Article Stub that is short and needs improvement. . |
You can help Magic: The Gathering Wiki by expanding it.
Exalted is a keyword ability.
What is Exalted?
It is a triggered ability that works for creatures that attack alone. If you have a creature with exalted, then any creature that you control that attacks alone will get +1/+1 until the end of the turn.
Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, count the number of instances of exalted among permanents you control. After those abilities resolve, that's how many times the creature will get +1/+1. In large numbers, exalted is extremely deadly, since a single creature will receive multiple bonuses for attacking alone, while leaving the rest untapped and able to defend.
Exalted first appeared in Shards of Alara and also featured in Conflux and Alara Reborn. Exalted returned in the Magic 2013 Core Set.
- First turn: He puts his Plains onto the battlefield, taps it, and plays Akrasan Squire. It has summoning sickness.
- Next turn: He draws a forest, puts the forest into play, and attacks with Akrasan Squire for 2.
Tom deals 2 damage because Akrasan Squire, a 1/1 creature, attacked alone, giving itself the benefits of its Exalted ability, which results in an extra +1/+1.
- Third turn, he draws another Akrasan Squire, plays his forest, puts the Akrasan Squire on the battlefield, and attacks with the Akrasan Squire alone for 3 damage. (The second Squire card gave an extra +1/+1 for a total of +2/+2 if a creature attacks alone).
- Fourth Turn, he draws an Island, plays an Island, plays Rafiq of the Many, and attacks with one Akrasan Squire, doing 8 damage. (Totaling +3/+3 for a lone attacking creature, plus its original power, multiplied by 2 as a result of Rafiq of the Many's triggered Double Strike ability.)
Assuming Tom's opponent has chosen not to block for any turn, Tom's opponent is at 7 health.
- Fifth turn, he draws Battlegrace Angel, plays an Island, puts Finest Hour into play, and attacks with Rafiq of the Many, doing 14 damage for game. Tom's opponent's final health level is -7.
- 702.82a Exalted is a triggered ability. “Exalted” means “Whenever a creature you control attacks alone, that creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.”
- 702.82b A creature “attacks alone” if it’s the only creature declared as an attacker in a given combat phase. See rule 506.5.