Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Innistrad is the first set in the Innistrad block. It is the 56th Magic expansion and was released on September 30, 2011.
It contains 264 cards.
- 16 Mythic Rares
- 59 Rares
- 67 Uncommons
- 107 Commons
- 15 Basic Lands
- Curse — An aura that can target a player.
- Fight — Two creatures deal damage equal to their power to one another at the same time.
- Flashback — Replay an instant or sorcery card for an alternate price from the graveyard. The price is listed after the mechanic. After the instant or sorcery leaves the stack, it is exiled, ultimately meaning that flashback can only be used once per card with flashback.
- Morbid — An activator much like "kicker" where the card enters the battlefield with an added effect if a creature died during the turn it was played.
- Double-faced cards — A card with the transform abitity can change into the card on the reverse side if the conditions are met on the current side. When a transform card is played, the "day" side enters the field. Some "night" side creatures can transform back to their original form.
- 10 Common
- 3 Uncommon
- 1 Rare
- 1 Double-Faced
- 9 Innistrad booster packs
- 70 Innistrad basic lands
- 10 Innistrad checklist cards
- 1 Innistrad banner/poster
- 1 Card box featuring artwork of Liliana
- 2 Innistrad deck boxes
- 1 Innistrad Player's Guide containing a visual spoiler of each card
- 1 learn-to-play insert
- 1 Rolldown life counter(various colours)
Innistrad is a graveyard set. Many of the Innistrad's cards kill yourself, others are really good at killing creatures, and others give you value when creatures die. Although many of the graveyard cards are in red, black, and blue, plenty are in green and white as well.
Innistrad has two planeswalkers, Liliana of the Veil, and a double-sided Garruk, called Garruk Relentless on his sun side and Garruk, the Veil-Cursed on his moon side. Innistrad also has four gold cards, three of them legendary.
Innistrad released the long awaited enemy-colored dual lands that precede the ones from the core sets. It also begins a block-long cycles of 10 lands that tap for colorless mana, but have activated abilities that use one of the ten two-color combination possible.