The Kamigawa block is the tenth block.
It was released in ????-???? and consists of the following sets.
The Story of Kamigawa Starts twenty years before the books. Daimyo Konda allied himself with the Moonfolk and Reached into the Spirit world and took the “Daughter” of the most powerful spirit ever (O-Kagachi). On the same night, his Daughter, Michiko, was born. When he steals the “Object” (later Renamed That Which Was Taken That Which Was Taken) from the spirit world, the Spirits start manifesting themselves in the form of Kami. A war breaks out between living and spirits.
20 years later as both sides grow tired of the war, a Jushi named Toshi Umezawa, a Hyozan reckoner who doesn't pray (although he later discovers palying religion with the Myojin of Nights Reach) meets princess Michiko. Together, they would eventually stop the war.
A Hyozan is killed and the O-bakemano Hidetsugu, who was his mentor, seeks revenge. The Moon Kami, Mochi is plotting something terrible for the physical world. At the same time, Hidetsugu is destroying Moonfolk and humans and unleashing terrible Oni on the land. To make matters worse, O-Kagachi comes to destroy all in his path to take back what is his. The world erupts into total chaos until the Princess Michiko and her attendants, together with Toshi and his unlikely band of Reckoners, set free the spirit and recreate the world of Kamigawa.
Two Worlds In One
The Plane of Kamigawa is divided up into two Different parts: Utsushiyo the Physical World (literally meaning "this World" in Japanese), and Kakuriyo The Spirit world literally meaning "the Retirement" in Japanese). The World is separated by an Immaterial Barrier. This "barrier" Manifests itself as a giant Multi-Headed serpent called O-Kagachi
Utsushiyo is home to 11 "tribes". Many of the tribes are humans separated by the magic they practice. Spirits manifest in this realm and become visible to the living.
The Minamo Academy is run by humans although some moonfolk come to study. the Academy is a place of learning for the Arcane arts and the History of Kamigawa. Run by the Scholar Hisoka although they regard the moonfolk as the higher authority. During the Kami War, The school was decimated by Hidetsugu. Its guardian is the Dragon Keiga, the Tide Star. The Minamo scholars are human tribes.
The Ogres of Kamigawa live in the mountains are bloody fiends the Sokenzan Warriors as Samuris. The O-Bakmano are Ogre shamans living in the Shinka Keep who summon evil Oni spirits to do their bidding. the most powerful Oni is the All Consuming Oni of Chaos. Hidetsugu is the founder of the Hyozan Reckoners gang and the Ruler of the Shinka Keep.
The Sanzuko bandits roam mountains and fight Akki and others as mercenaries. The leader is Godo, Bandit War lord. All the bandits are Samurais. The Samurais are human tribes and perform numerous raids on the Eiganjo Place
The humans tribes of Takenuma swamps. They are magic wielders. The Jushi use many different forms of magic. Some use Kanji, Magic symbol (Japanese Characters) Written in ink or Blood to invoke powerful magic. Toshi Umezawa, And Kiku, Nights Flower are both part of this group.
They are Goblin like creatures of kamigawa. Many are chaotic and unorganized running through the Sokenzan mountains.
The Kintsune are Fox-People. They can many times be found around the Eiganjo Palace as Guards. the all have human names and their own fox-names
The Spirit world is filled with elemental-like Spirits Called Kami and Spirit Magic Called Arcane. they are worshiped as gods by some and the chaotic Demon Spirits, Oni, summoned like beasts by others. They are ideas in physical forms. When the Kami war started, the Spirits started to Manifest themselves in the Human world and attack. While they are in the Spirit forms, they are invulnerable, but when they are in the human world they are vulnerable to Physical attacks.
For more information, see Kami.
- Myojin of Night's Reach
- Keiga, the Tide Star
- That Which Was Taken - The Kami War was started when Daimyo Konda Brought this in to the human world.
- (create)- The Frost Maiden.
- O-Kagachi - Guardian of the two realms, he is the barrier between the two worlds. he is a giant multi-headed serpent and the most powerful of any Kami.
here are two classes of Spirits. greater Spirits and lesser Spirits Most of the greater Spirits are Legendary creatures.
- 5 Myojins – Myojin of Cleansing Fire, Myojin of Infinite Rage,Myojin of Life's Web, ‘’’ Myojin of Night's Reach’’’, Myojin of Seeing Winds
- 5 “Firsts”- Kiyomaro, First to Stand , Adamaro, First to Desire, Kagemaro, First to Suffer, Masumaro, First to Live, Soramaro, First to Dream
- 5 Guardian dragons – Yosei, the Morning Star, Ryusei, the Falling Star, Kokusho, the Evening Star, Keiga, the Tide Star, Jugan, the Rising Star
- 5 Kirins – (create), Cloudhoof Kirin, Celestial Kirin, (create), (create)
- 5 Patrons – Patron of the Akki, Patron of the Kitsune, Patron of the Moon, Patron of the Nezumi, Patron of the Orochi
- Whenever you play a Spirit or Arcane spell, EFFECT.
- Flip cards
- ”Wisdom” (Drawing Cards)
- The Kamigawa block has the most legendary cards of any other. The entire block contains a total of 133 legendary cards.
- The block was based on ancient Japanese folktales.
- At the end of the story, the Myojin of Nights reach teleports Toshi to a new land. This land was the continent of Madara, Home to Nicol Bolas.
| Ice Age • Mirage • Tempest • Urza's • Masques |
Invasion • Odyssey • Onslaught • Mirrodin • Kamigawa
Ravnica • Time Spiral • Lorwyn • Shadowmoor • Shards of Alara
Zendikar • Scars of Mirrodin • Innistrad • Return to Ravnica • Theros
Khans of Tarkir • Battle for Zendikar • Shadows over Innistrad • Kaladesh