- White, the color of order, healing, justice, and light but also authoritarianism, subjugation and bureaucracy. It's produced by plains.
- Blue, the color of knowledge, reason, and trickery, the elemental power is water. It's produced by islands.
- Black, the color of death, darkness, despair, selfishness, and amorality, but also individuality and ambition. It's produced by swamps.
- Red, the color of chaos, destruction, war, and fury, as well as lightning and fire. It is the color of love and emotion, as well as freedom and warmth. It's produced by mountains.
- Green, the color of life, nature, growth, instinct, and interdependence. It's produced by forests.
The hybrid mana symbol can be of any combination of two colors, or any color of mana and two generic mana.
A phyrexian mana symbol can be paid with one mana of its color or by paying 2 life.
Converted mana costEdit
It is determined by converting each colored mana symbol in the spell's cost to 1, then adding the results to the colorless mana cost of the spell.
The only case in which a spell's converted mana cost can ever vary is for spells with Manax.gif in the mana cost. When an object with X in the mana cost is on the stack, X equals whatever value was chosen for it when it was put on the stack. In any other location, X equals 0.
Mana is a metaphysical form of energy that is expended when a mage or wizard uses magic. It flows throughout the multiverse from plane to plane. It's ultimate source is unknown. Mana dwells within all things, however, the mana dwelling with most beings in miniscule, so spellcasters have been known to siphon mana from the land around them. In areas whose mana has been almost completely siphoned off, magic becomes weaker and living being begin to die. In areas where it has been completely siphoned off, all living beings die instantly upon entering. Fortunately, unless that area has become severed from mana, time will replenish the mana naturally. If an area HAS been severed from mana, the damage must be undone quickly, lest a rift form.
| Colors of Mana